Summer Has Arrived!
Ahh! Summer in Pacific Northwest! There is no better place to be! And with this great weather comes vacations – be it a day trip or a few weeks.
As you prepare for your vacation, here are a few easy tips to help insure a worry free trip:
– Turn the water off before heading out, even if it’s just for a day.
– For longer trips, you may want to turn off your hot water heater;
– For electric heaters, simply flip the breaker in the panel.
– For gas heaters, turn the gas control valve to vacation setting.
– Make sure you turn the water back on before re-starting your water heater. Also, remember it can take 1-2 hours for the water to heat up.
– Turn off the water to washing machine. This is a potential source for water leaks and can be devastating if you aren’t home when it bursts.
If you are looking for a little more peace of mind, consider installing a water sensor that will automatically shut-off the water if a leak is detected. These sensors can be located in areas that you might not notice water leaking until damage is done, including the ice maker, dishwasher or hot water heater.
Call us today to learn more about ways to protect your home from water damage whether you are home or on vacation.
So, now get out and enjoy this wonderful weather! Have a safe and fun summer!